Monday, July 19, 2010
1. Definition of Mobile Marketing
2. Evolution of Mobile Marketing
3. Definition of Mobile Marketing and relationship with Coca-Cola
4. Mobile is not only a phone - Mobile Marketing
5. Mobile Marketing commonly used in 21st century
6. How Mobile Marketing being penetrated in your life?
1. A key to make the IKEA Mobile Augmented Reality Application towards successful
2. How the IKEA "Find It" SMS campaign ran successful in Seattle?
3. Case Study - The IKEA Mobile Augmented Reality Applicaiton
4. Case Study - The IKEA "Find It" Instant Win Game and Sweepstakes
1. Case Study
2. Pros of Mobile Marketing
3. Cons of Mobile Marketing
1. How Cathay Pacific Airways adopt Mobile Marketing on its business?
2. Benefits gain from CX Mobile
3. Cons of CX Mobile
4. Conclusion of CX's mobile marketing
1. Mobile Marketing Case Study 1 – Location-based Services
2. Mobile Marketing Case Study 2 – Mobile Application
3. Benefits of the Mobile Marketing Campaign
4. Limitations of the Mobile Marketing Campaigns
1. Mobile Marketing commonly used in 21st century
2. Case Study - Nike "True City"
3. "True City" accomplished the goal of mobile marketing
4. Weaknesses of "True City" in mobile marketing
1. Coca-Cola Case study - My Coke Rewards & 2010 Winter Olympic Game-themed Program
2. Coca-Cola Case study - Interactive Video Advertisement
3. Benefits of Coca-Cola Mobile Marketing
4. Weakness of Coca-Cola Mobile Marketing
1. The above mobile application could not accessed by all of mobile phone users (e.g. Traditional non-smart-phone users) which is incompatible with mass marketers role of Coca-Cola.
2. Active visual effects by Flash format is the main element on Coca-Cola's messages in their offical website and advertisements, and those are not allowed by SMS delivery and which means Coca-Cola can only send simple text messages to those consumers only.
3. Most of mobile marketing campaigns are launched on Western countries which is ignoring the potential segments in Asia. For example, My Coke Rewards can only be participating by US residents only.
In particular, to China audiences, the headcounts of massive Online and mobile are growing larger and larger every year. According to projections from Forrester Research, China will have 1.3 billion subscribers and 957 million mobile Web users by 2014. Therefore I believe that Coca-Cola could gain extraordinary benefits in developing mobile marketing in Asia.
Source : http://spd4290-09813955s.blogspot.com/2010/07/weakness-of-coca-cola-mobile-marketing.html
Sunday, July 18, 2010
Besides, “True City” acts as an information delivery channel and let the customers search their upcoming products. However, it seems to be a passive way to connect with customers while “True City” does not contact customers directly. So I think that Nike should include other traditional techniques of mobile marketing in “True City” campaign. For example, it may send the timed e-coupons and special offers to those customers using this iphone app for purchasing new launched products. This helps to attract people to download the app for gathering information.
In conclusion, “True City” consists the newest technologies of mobile marketing but I think it might ignore the simplest way to connect the consumer.
Berkley, H. (2007). Marketing in the New Media. Self-Counsel Press.
Butcher, D. (2009, April 22). Database/CRM. Retrieved July 6, 2010, from Mobile Marketer: http://www.mobilemarketer.com/
Chaffey, E.-C. M. (2009). Internet Marketing (4th ed.). Pearson Education Limited.
Duncan, T. (2008). Principles of Advertising & IMC (2nd ed.). McGraw Hill.
Starbucks. (2010). Starbucks Card Mobile App. Retrieved July 6, 2010, from Starbucks: http://www.starbucks.com
Wehrs, M. (2009, November 17). Press Release. Retrieved June 30, 2010, from Mobile Marketing Association: http://mmaglobal.com/news/mma-updates-definition-mobile-marketing
Saturday, July 17, 2010
Examples of Coca-Cola Mobile Marketing had been introduced by the previous articles, including MyCokeRewards, 2010 Winter Olympic Games-themed Program and WSJ interactive video advertisments. But what the benefits are??
1. Mobile Marketing enabled Coca-Cola to have interactive communication with consumers without any location limitation.
2. Deliver brand messages to consumers with lower cost, and also obtain higher response rates on the above Coca-Cola mobile marketing campaigns.
According to information from Harte-Hanks' Aberdeen Group, MyCokeRewards achieved 5.2% click-though rate with the mobile advertisement campaign and average 9% participation rate in My Coke Rewards mobile program.
A series of Mobile Marketing campaigns enabled Coca-Cola to understand the best way to keep those consumers engaged and built those long-term relationships.
1. The number of words in each text message is very limited. i.e. only 70 Chinese words. The message content has to be very direct and precise.
2. No visual can be shown in SMS. Only allows in MMS, which has a higher cost of delivery and only reachable to consumer who’s cell phone setting is activated for MMS receipt.
3. As sending SMS for commercial purpose is becoming more and more popular, “spam” SMS will violate the rate of opening an SMS. Consumers may feel annoying if they receive too many SMS
1. It enables instant communication with customers. A large database of consumers can be built within hours.
2. The time when the campaign should be kicked-off can be controlled precisely. And, the location can also be selected too. For example, CLINIQUE HK will send a SMS about current promotion in Hong Kong, to visitors once they switch their roaming service to specific mobile network. So, visitors can enjoy the promotions once they arrive.
4. The cost is relatively low compared with printing. It enables you to change the content before sending. However, it is not allowed to edit once the circulars are printed. There is no waste – Green Marketing.
5. The response rate is higher, as more personalized and customized message are designed for delivery.
6. The effectiveness of different media can be measured by using different codes for tracking.